Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year


'Twas the month after Christmas and all through the house, nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.

The cookies I'd nibbled, the fudge I did taste, all the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number! When I walked to the store (less walk than a lumber)

I remembered the marvelous meals I'd prepared, the gravies and sauces and beef nicely rare.

The pies and the cakes, the bread and the cheese, and the way I never said "no thank you please".

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt, and prepared once again to do battle with dirt, i said to myself as only I can "you can't spend the winter disguised as a man!"

So away with the last of the sour cream dip, get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished, till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie, not even a lick, ill want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread or pie, ill much on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore, but isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot... Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena